We don’t manufacture this product anymore. We recommend the eXp 4500 Professional as replacement.
Characteristics and applications of the eXp 4000 ground scanner
The lightweight equipment of eXp 4000 in a shock-resistant Peli case allows to be taken everywhere, also in hard accessible areas. The easy handling makes it suitable for treasure hunting experts and beginners alike.
The eXp 4000 ground scanner is specially designed for the following applications:
- archaeological surveys, metal detection, treasure hunting and gold prospection
- localization of the exact position of buried treasures and artifacts
- 3D metal detection including determination of size and depth
- detection of gold and other items of great value
- search for ancient artifacts, hidden treasures, gold, silver, bronze, hoards of coins, treasure deposits, chests
- localization of tunnels and caverns
The eXp 4000 metal detector has been used successfully by our customers for the following jobs:
- Detection of hidden historic artifacts, coins and valuable figures in North Africa (Maghreb countries)
- Detection of ancients coins in Syria
- Localization of underground tunnel and bunker systems with hidden treasures on the Philippines
- Detection of relics and ancient artifacts from the former Persian Empire in Iran and around
- Bottle detection in Suriname
- Detection of bronze statues, antic plates and artifacts in Balkan area
- Ghost town hunting and prospecting in USA, Mexico and Canada
- Detection of large quantities of ancient coins and lost guerrilla gold in Greece
- Localization of underground bunker systems of WW I in Belgium
Equipment and probes of the eXp 4000
The equipment of the eXp 4000 metal detector comprises individual probes which are optimized for various purposes:
- GPR-Antenna (25 cm, 50 cm, 75 cm, 100 cm)
- Antenna for metal discrimination (DDV System)
- Antenna for tunnel detection
- Super Sensor for high resolution ground scans
- FS-Thermoscan for 3D infrared images
Thanks to specialized antennas, the eXp 4000 ground scanner can also be used in mineralized areas for treasure hunting.
Data evaluation of eXp 4000 measurements
The measurement unit of the eXp 4000 includes a PC-module with which data is displayed immediately on the full color screen. During the scanning procedure a laptop computer is not required, you can see the results directly on the screen. Advanced technology allows measurements in brilliant resolutions. Measured data is stored in the 256 MB memory and can be transferred later to a computer. Transferring measured values to a computer allows the operator to evaluate and compare all stored data. In doing this the operator can determine depth, size and position of targets using the professional software Visualizer 3D.
Reaching beyond common metal detectors
The eXp 4000 3D ground scanner has several characteristics that reach beyond other technologies:
- lightweight and protected transportation
- non-intrusive live ground surveying
- quick and easy set up and operation
- live color coded surveys
- allows for immediate and fast surveys
- immediate on-site interpretation of target area
- measured values showing extreme depth of survey
- measured values showing location of targets within surveyed area
- highly sensitive and accurate detecting device
Technical certificates and 2 years of warranty are standard for our metal detectors. Extensive field tests ensure the high quality of all ground scanners by OKM.
Customized packages of the eXp 4000 metal detector
The eXp 4000 metal detector has a wide range of optional components for various searching needs. We offer 3 customized packages: Basic Edition, Gold Edition and Professional Edition. You may also compose your individual customized package for your treasure hunting needs.
The Basic Edition includes all of the basic components which are needed to operate the 3D ground scanner. It is pre-configured for getting started in 3D metal detection, this means that the central components such as the control unit with display, the Power Pack with charger and travel adapter, the headphones and joystick, the Visualizer 3D software, USB cable, Peli case, user manual and the 25 cm GPR antenna with telescopic rod assembly are included.
With this basic package you are able to conduct 3D scans, find metal targets and voids and determine position, approx. size and depth.
Additional accessories can be purchased at any time to increase the capabilities of your unit.
The Gold Edition is a specialized ground scanner package for all gold prospectors and treasure hunters. It comes with all of the components of the Basic Edition and includes additional probes for gold and treasure detection. The high resolution Super Sensor and the DDV System (visual metal detector) are included. These add-ons enable the user to distinguish different types of metals and can concentrate on the precious targets and items of great value. Also included is an additional Power Pack, allowing you more time in the field to search for the buried gold.
Additional accessories can be purchased at any time to increase the field capabilities of your unit.
The Professional Edition of the eXp 4000 metal detector is for professional searching needs and includes all available options. Various probes are included such as all of the horizontal GPR antennas of different sizes, the specialized antenna for tunnel and cavity detection as well as the FS-Thermoscan for infrared measurements.